If you are a person who loves to stay on an island surrounded by white sandy beaches covered with coconut palm trees and colorful coral reefs teeming with marine life, Meeru Island resort is the perfect resort for you. Meeru Island resort is a perfect 4-star resort. It is situated in north male Atoll. It is a good 55-minute scenic speedboat transfer from Velana Airport. Meeru Island is on the easternmost tip of North male atoll. It is also 50 km away from Male airport. The resort is about 32 hectares. It is 1200 meters long and 350 meters wide. Now let us get deep into what the resort offers. Be it in terms of accommodation, food & dining and activities to make you and your loved ones feel entertained throughout the stay.
Types of accommodations
Meeru Island resort has 5 types of rooms categories. It ranges from beach-facing villas to water-facing villas. Each villa is designed to suit your taste. The resort also provides the options to stay in split villas (access to stay in beach villa as well as in water villa). Here are the room categories as follows:
- Garden villas (20 rooms) – Offers to stay with a view of the tropical gardens with an indoor bathroom, a wooden sun deck & a privacy screen between the rooms. This villa can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children.
- Beach villas (77 rooms) – Gives spacious individual wooden bungalows on the beach with a beautiful view of the lagoon. This villa can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children.
- Jacuzzi beach villas (83 rooms) – Offers a beautiful view of the lagoon with a private outdoor area featuring a jacuzzi for two. This villa can accommodate 3 adults.
- Waterfront villas (27 rooms) – This villa is located on the beach at the water’s edge and offers an extra-large king-size bed. This can accommodate 3 adults.
- Jacuzzi water villas (77 rooms) – Located over the water offering a larger bedroom to accommodate 3 adults. They also offer private jacuzzi.
Also Read: Sheraton Maldives full moon resort & spa
Wondering what types of amenities the resort offers, they are here as follows:
- Tropical décor
- King size bed
- Air conditioning
- Free Wi-Fi
- Private porch with furniture
- Sitting area
- Overhead ceiling fan
- Mini bar
- Complimentary tea/coffee
- Nightly turndown service
- Rain shower
- Double sinks
- Hair dryer
- Partially open-air bathroom
Those who are visiting Meeru Island resort for honeymoon trip will be provided with the following things on the arrival night:
- Fruit plate
- A bottle of sparkling wine
- A flower decorated bed
Food and dining experience
Meeru Island resort has a lot to offer when it comes to food and dining experience. The resort gives humongous options for Full board and All-Inclusive meal options. The resort offers 2 restaurants for Buffet lovers:
- Farivalhu buffet restaurant – Welcomes guests who stays in Garden room, beach villas, jacuzzi beach villa & jacuzzi water villa.
- Maalan buffet restaurant – Welcomes guests who stays in adult only villas (Jacuzzi beach villas, jacuzzi water villas).
Both restaurants offers the same menu but with a variety of International and regional cuisines to suit everyone’s taste. the timings for these restaurants are 07:30AM-10:00AM for breakfast, 12:30PM-2:00PM for lunch and 19:00-21:00PM for dinner. apart from this, both the restaurants have beverage menu which one can choose from.
Also Read : komandoo Maldives Island Resort
A-la carte dining
- Snack menu at bars – Select from a wide selection of International snacks which is served at the pool.
- Asian wok restaurant – Specializes in Asian cuisine and is located over-the-water
- Hot rock restaurant & bar – Featuring some yummy seafood, steak or anything which is cooked right at your table.
- Meeru café – Located at Dhoni bar pool, this café features Ice cream, pastries, tea, coffee and panini sandwiches.
- Dhoni bar – Most popular meeting place featuring scenic views onto the Jetty. It is ideal for sunset views
- Kakuni bar – This bar includes a sports bar with your favorite sports and a disco
- Uthuru bar – Situated near Maalan restaurant, this bar allows only people who are above 18. Hence this makes the adult-only bar.
- Asian wok restaurant & bar – located in the Asian wok restaurant. This bar gives access to see the beautiful sunset.
- Pavilion bar – This bar is located amid tall coconut palm trees
- Hot rock bar – Located on the deck of a hot rock restaurant. This bar offers a fantastic view of the pool and ocean.
There is no stopping to it because Meeru Island resort even gives you the option to have romantic candle light dinner at the beach. you can even order your food from the comfort of your room.
Meeru Island resort offers a myriad of options to keep you and your loved ones entertained throughout the stay. The activity list is here as follows:
- Snorkeling – Guided reef snorkeling, full day snorkeling safari, night snorkeling, jet ski snorkeling
- Scuba diving which also includes diving for kids aging 8+ years
- Water sport – Standup paddle & kayaking, jet ski rides, water skiing, mono skiing, knee boarding, catamaran sailing, wind surfing and fly boarding
- Land sports – Golf, fitness center, tennis, bicycle rental, badminton, beach volleyball, table tennis and swimming pool.
- Duniye spa – This spa offers a combination of oriental traditions with a touch of aroma in order to promote you with a deep sense of calm, joy & serenity
Also Read: kuda villingili resort maldives
How to reach Meeru Island resort
To reach Meeru Island resort, one has to travel from Male airport to Velana International airport. From Velana airport to the Meeru island resort, it is a scenic 55 minutes speedboat transfer. But note that the transfer costs are also included in the quote. Based on the arrival time of passengers coming to the Male international airport, transfers are perfectly arranged by the resorts. Try out the Maldives Vacation to change your vacation a memorable one.
Other resorts nearby
- Oblu select Sangeli
- Paradise Island Resort & spa
- Coco Bodu Hithi
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort & spa
- Varu by Atmosphere
- Kurumba Maldives
- Grand park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Oblu Nature Helengeli
- Taj coral reef resort & spa maldives
- Adaraan Select Hudhuranfushi
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] Also Read: meeru island resort & spa maldives […]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!